Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Japanese Steak House Salad

Japanese steak houses are so awesome. The little tiny miso soup and ginger salad appetizers they bring you are just about my favorite part (after the grilled scallops). I found a recipe for ginger dressing in a Disney cookbook which features recipes from the restaurants in Epcot. You can laugh at my Mickey Mouse cookbook if you want, but it's honestly one of the best cookbooks I own. So there.

Anyway, here is my recipe which is adapted (by which I mean pretty much copied verbatim) from that book. Enjoy!

Japanese Steak House Ginger Dressing

1 large piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups light olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar (I used white wine vinegar but plain is fine)
1 cup tamari sauce (soy is fine but less paleo)
1/2 Tbs tomato paste
1/2 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 cup water

Toss it all in a blender and pulverize.

No comments:

Post a Comment