Monday, March 21, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

I like to find recipes that can quickly and easily be converted into paleo-ish meals. I have found that paleo (or any diet) cookbooks tend to have super elaborate recipes which use ingredients you've never heard of, cost you a fortune and take all freakin' day to make. Well, I want to eat healthy but at the end of the day, I'm a cheap and lazy hoar. What can I say?

So, I was pretty much out of ideas for paleo meals when I started browsing recipe sites for inspiration. I found this recipe for Beef Stroganoff which sounded pretty damn good and I thought would be easy to convert.

I followed the recipe except for using regular onions instead of the white part of green onions (?), used arrowroot instead of flour for the thickener, and fresh mushrooms instead of canned. I also used cabbage sliced into strips and steamed for the noodles. It was freakin' awesome.
(I do not recommend putting the onions in when they tell you, if you brown them and then simmer them for an hour, they pretty much completely disintegrate. I had to saute some more in a separate pan and add them at the end.)

Sorry for the shitty picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment