Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not very good Thai Food



Meh. This mess was supposed to be Red Curry Chicken. Well, I guess it is red curry chicken, but not as I like it.
We ate this a lot before the diet, but used full fat coconut milk and a big fat pile of Jasmine rice. This version is much the same except that I used light coconut milk. You wouldn't think it would make much of a difference, but it does. Maybe if we hadn't been so used to the "good" stuff, it wouldn't have been so bad.
Also, the nazi bastards who run my local grocery store have stopped carrying (or were just out of for 2 freaking months) the brand of curry paste I like. If you decide to make this, look for this paste

It comes in an envelope. Avoid the revolting shit in a jar (Thai Kitchen) like the plague.


The light coconut milk isn't bad exactly, it's just less creamy, which is probably why it has 150 calories per cup as opposed to 550 for the full fat stuff.

When I can get the better brand of paste, I will try this again. It's a stir fry and those are so great for using up veg that is starting to go wilty. Also, you don't really miss the rice if you use lots of fresh broccoli. The broccoli serves the same purpose of the rice and absorbs the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment