Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bento Lunch

Last night's dinner was blackened Tilapia and kale. It wasn't good. We don't like fish (unless it comes from Long John Silver's and I'm not convinced that actually is fish) but for some reason every few years husbeast decides that he wants fish. He's absolutely certain that it will be good. Other people eat fish, it's obviously edible. Imagine how healthy we'd be if we ate fish, etc, etc.
Every time this happens, I cook fish.
Every time, he doesn't like it.
Every time, he is shocked to learn that he doesn't like it.
Every time, I wonder what his liver would taste like.

Anyway, since last night's dinner was not worth documenting, I thought I'd show Wee Beastie's lunch. I'll never be a great bento artist, but I do get a kick out of making them. He doesn't have a huge variety of things that he will eat (we're working on that) so every day's is pretty similar to this one.
It's just a roll of deli ham, cucumber slices, carrot flowers, broccoli, bell pepper, pepperoni "chips" (microwaved slices of pepperoni get really crispy) apples and tangerine.

It's a lot of food, but he usually eats it all. And it's actually paleo! Oh wait, except for the ranch dressing. Damn, so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment